Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My Favorite Things Last Week.

I want to try something new; instead of sounding like a know-it-all, trying to teach the world what I just learned for myself. I'd like to just write my thoughts on my newest discoveries as if you already know about them.
I get so excited about new things I'm trying and the first thing I always want to do is teach it to someone else. I just can't keep it to myself. The problem is, I think I come off as pushy, self-interested, and a know-it-all. I really just enjoy experiences more when I can share them with others, and I just want to contribute to another person's happiness and ease a burden if I can.
So last week a miraculous thing happened. I found little happy-moment-makers to add to my everydays. My husband took me to HomeGoods Saturday (a good one), and let me pick out a few things I wanted. First I found a lovely Mason and Cash Co Pudding Basin (one liter) which I have wanted for a long time, next I found sound freezer bins to bring some order and ease to my tiny-shelfless-over-stuffed-freezer. Lastly I selected a darling tea mug with gold trim and tiny pink rose spray (a brave choice for me.) That's mug is now one of my favorite happy-moment-makers. I make myself a tisane in my beautiful Brown betty teapot and enjoy many a generous cup of dandelion root or peppermint herbal tea whenever I feel like I need to breathe throughout the day, or just rehydrate. It's lovely.
Next, I have been enjoying a new skincare routine of all homemade products that is working wonders. I use essential oils in the products and they smell wonderful and feel amazing on my skin.
I made this cleanser.
http://livesimply.me/2015/01/31/diy-homemade-honey-face-wash/
This Toner. (Adding a tsp of Aloe Vera Gel)
http://livesimply.me/2016/01/22/how-to-make-rosewater-and-rosewater-toner/
And this moisturizer.
http://livesimply.me/2016/01/16/homemade-easy-argan-and-rosehip-oil-moisturizer/
My face is back to feeling almost as smooth and supple as it did when I was pregnant!
One book I read last month and have been enjoying the fruits of is, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. My home is already easier to clean and I have been appreciating what we have so much more now that there is space to see what is there. I have been most enjoying the transformation of my make-up case this last week.
Finally I am grateful for romantic inquiring young women. We had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner and they asked such sweet questions of us. They asked how my husband and I met, and how he proposed to me, and they asked what the best thing about being a parent that we hadn't expected. After they left I thought more on the answers to those questions and remembered to appreciate my sweet family more as I did when I first met each of them.
Last week reminded me how important it is for me to have little things to enjoy everyday. I feel less stressed, more grateful, and more confident and capable. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment